Some of our most frequently asked questions and policy
Please read before sending us your message
How much are your tails?
- $1030 - "Base Genesis" edition full silicone tail. Two preset colors as shown. One fluke choice, 7 color combinations to choose from, rounded scales only. No upgrades, substitutions or other options available
- $1545+ - "Genesis Plus" edition full silicone tail. Up to three colors (any colors), two fluke choices, rounded scales only. Upgrades available as shown on product page
- $2750+ - "Signature Line" full silicone tail. Fully customizable with any colors, elaboriate designs, additional fins and any fluke choice, scalloped or rounded scales
What is the difference between the "Base Genesis" tail and the "Genesis Plus" tail?
- The Base Genesis tail ($1030) is available in your choice of 7 predesigned color combinations. You will choose which of these you like to order. There is only one fluke choice, the Genesis Fluke.
- The Genesis Plus tail ($1545) is available in any color you choose. You may choose up to three colors to be blended together for the design. Designs are basic, with a side seam and fluke vein color choice, main body color choice and a highlight/accent color choice. You may also add on paint designs such as stripes, spots or fluke patterns along with heel fins or pec fins. There are two fluke options for you to choose from, the Croix or the Genesis.
- Physically there is no difference in the silicone body of the tail or the monofin. They have the same thickness, durability and quality and are both custom fit using our duct tape dummy process. The ONLY difference is that the Genesis Plus tail ($1545) has more custom options. The Base Genesis tail ($1030) is not customizable.
What is the difference between the Genesis Plus Edition and the Signature Line?
- The Signature line tails ($2750) have thicker scales, multiple fluke options and you have total control of colors/design and monofin. You can also add additional fins and elaborate paint schemes. This is a FULLY CUSTOM tail, so sky's the limit when it comes to your design. They are more durable and heavier than the Genesis tails.
- The Genesis Plus edition tails ($1545) are made with thinner, rounded scales, two fluke choices and limited customizability. The add ons are shown "as is", with there being one design for pec fins, heel fins and paint effects.
- Both tails are custom fit using our duct tape dummy measuring process.
$2750 Signature Line Tail
$1545 Genesis Plus Edition Tail
What is the weight difference between your Signature Line and Genesis Editions?
- The Signature Line tails weigh between 25-33 lbs on average. Weight varies based on the addition of extra fins, fluke shape and size of the tail.
- The Genesis Edition tails weigh between 15-25lbs based on size of the tail.
Can I swap colors on the Base Genesis Tails?
- The Base Genesis tails CAN NOT be altered from the photos you see online. The colors combinations are preset and can not be subsituted for one another or alternate colors
Can I alter/change/make design suggestions for the add ons with the Genesis Plus Tail?
At this time, to keep the price point low we are only offering the design and placement shown in the photos for the fins and the paint upgrades.
The spots range in size from a dime to a quarter and are randomly scattered along the sides/seams of the tail, front and back.
The stripes are generally consistant in thickness and run down the sides/seams of the tail, front and back
The fluke patterns are scattered along the top half of the fluke and have a gradient pattern showing a bit of the bottom paint job to give dimension
What can I choose for my three colors on the Genesis Plus Tails?
- Please visit Pantone.com and use their color selector to find your colors. You can then send us these photos. You may also visit a paint store to select paint chips you like!
I am under 18 years old, can I buy a tail?
- Yes! We make tails for all ages. However, a parent or guardian does need to place the order. So if you are under 18 please have a parent or guardian contact us so we can discuss the order.
What monofin comes with the tail?
- The $2750 signature tails come standard with an upgraded professional grade Finis Trainer or Shooter mono fin. A competitor monofin upgrade is available for $100.
- Both Genesis Edition tails come ONLY with the Finis Wave or Rapid and can not be upgraded.
How do you ensure a good fit?
- We ask for detailed measurements along with a "duct tape dummy". This process helps make sure that we provide you with the best fit possible! It's a little funny to make this dummy, but once we have it in our studio and stuff it, it's like you're here to try it on as we construct!
How can I pay for my tail?
- Base Genesis Edition tails are purchased directly through our website via PayPal. Please use the links provided on our webpage to place your order.
Genesis Plus tails are ordered via a custom invoice sent to you via PayPal. Please email us when you are ready to order with the options requested so we can send you your invoice.
Signature tails are much more detailed, so we need to customize your invoice prior to payment. When we finalize your options, we will send you an invoice. We accept payment via cashiers check/money order or credit card. Credit card is with PayPal and does incur a 3% transaction fee. Before you pay we will send you a final invoice and other important documents regarding your order. So please email us when you are ready to pay.
Please keep in mind there are NO REFUNDS available for orders and payments made. Your payment is used to purchase silicone and materials and is non-refundable. It may be transferred to other designs/products as long as construction has NOT begun on your original item.
Do you accept payment plans?
- Yes! We are happy to work with you to pay off your tail in smaller payments. We require a 50% down payment initially and the remainder paid in full within 3 months. You can pay in any number of payments and any amount, so long as it is paid in 3 months.
- Due to the fact that these are custom fit and made to your custom design specifications we are not able to begin construction until the full balance is paid.
- There are NO refunds on payments made through out the course of your payment plan.
Do you ship internationally? How much is shipping on average?
- Yes we ship all over the world! Shipping varies greatly from place to place, even domestically.
- All domestic tails come with a set $100 shipping fee. If the actual shipping exceeds this amount we will send a seperate invoice for the difference once the tail is ready to ship. This may be based on a heavier than average weight or a far distance from St. Petersburg, Florida (our location).
- International shipping varies based on country and keep in mind you may also need to pay import tax on your item.
Are these tails safe to use?
- We do not consider these tails to be "toys". They are advanced swimming accessories that should only be used by strong swimmers and with a buddy. Ultimately, when the legs are bound together and you are in the water, you are at a higher risk for injury as it will be more difficult to enact a self rescue in case of an emergency. NEVER SWIM ALONE and work your way up to open water swimming. That being said, mermaid tails are a wonderful way to exercise, swim and have fun in the water!
Can you accommodate large orders or specific corporate requests?
- Absolutely! In fact, we consider bulk orders and working with commercial vendors to be one of our specalities. With our superior customer service and incredibly fast production time, producing large or highly customized items is no problem for us. Please contact us directly to discuss your specality order. TheMerNation@gmail.com